This policy applies to passengers impacted by international flight cancellations due to the revised international restart date.
This policy is available to Qantas customers holding a valid 081 ticket issued on/before 26 August 2021 for travel between 31 October 2021 and 26 March 2022.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
Emirates - QF pax booked in PY can be rebooked into R class (Y cabin) on EK operated and refund the fare difference. Rebooking is not allowed in the inbound (into AU) direction due to capacity limits set by the government.
- Flights must be cancelled by Qantas and UN message generated to your booking
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions (unless covered by this or another commercial policy).
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Frequent flyer bookings cannot be held in credit. They can be changed or refunded. This must be done via Contact Centres. Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings take on commercial fare rules unless they are booked in redemption classes.