The health and safety of our customers is, and always has been our highest priority.
Our new Fly Well program brings together a number of new and existing wellbeing measures to give customers peace-of-mind when travelling.
Customers may need to meet health and eligibility requirements for travel to certain destinations, such as prescribed pre-departure questions at check-in, identifying as being well enough to travel prior to boarding or having a specified negative Covid-19 pre-departure test.
As part of the ‘Fly Well’ customer program, Qantas will allow a customer and customers on the same PNR to change their travel date without incurring a change fee, if in the week leading up to their flight, they are:
- Unwell and experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19;
- Are required to isolate in accordance with the rules of the jurisdiction they are in and/or travelling to due to;
- Test positive COVID-19; or
- Being designated as a close contact.
This commercial policy is for domestic and international travel for tickets issued on/before 30 April 2022 for travel between 12 June 2020 and 30 April 2022, with changes permitted from 7 days prior to departure until the schedule departure time.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
1. Rebook Travel
|2. Retain Ticket Value in Credit||
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions (unless covered by this or another commercial policy).
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Passengers who are travelling on Qantas or Partner Classic Flight Reward tickets are entitled under the Flexible Classic Flight Reward policy to cancel or rebook on an eligible Qantas, Jetstar or Frequent Flyer Partner Airlines subject to reward seat availability. Classic Flight Reward tickets cannot be retained in credit.
Please note, any changes to bookings in redemption classes must be made in the same class as the original booking.