Select a Seat
Once the ticket has been issued, you can select your customer’s seat on any Qantas operated flight up to 3 hours prior to departure through Manage Booking, or via your Technology Partner connected to the Qantas Distribution Platform and other technology partners.
View full Terms and ConditionsOpens in a new tab or window for seat selection.
Seat Selection is complimentary when:
- travelling on any Qantas operated domestic service
- travelling internationally in Economy on a Saver or Flex Fare
- travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy
- travelling internationally as a Platinum One, Platinum, Gold or Silver Frequent Flyers or equivalent oneworld or Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyer,
- travelling internationally as a Bronze Qantas Frequent Flyer on any Qantas operated flight when booked direct with Qantas,
- travelling on a Economy Classic Flight Reward, or
- on the same booking and travelling with any of the above mentioned travellers.
Disclaimer: Where customers select seats free of charge during check-in (available online from 24 hours before departure), or do not select their seat at all, our airport staff will endeavour to accommodate parties travelling together if seats are available.
The following Seat Selection fees apply for customers who are Bronze or non Qantas Frequent Flyers travelling on International Economy Sales Fares~ in N/Q/O/E classes who have not booked direct with Qantas.
Ensure your customers take their seat receipt (for purchased seats), boarding pass and Qantas booking reference with them to the airport. Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
~No agency commissions will be payable on these charges.
*Seat selection fees apply for all economy sale fares booked in E/O/Q/N on international flights when not booked direct with Qantas
+Seats can only be selected on Qantas international flights QF1 - 199 and Qantas domestic and regional flights (excluding services operated by De Havilland DHC aircraft). On De Havilland DHC regional services you can request a preference for an aisle or window seat.
**Where customers select seats free of charge during check-in (available online from 24 hours before departure), or do not select their seat at all, our airport staff will endeavour to accommodate parties travelling together if seats are available.
Preferred seating gives Silver, Bronze and non-Frequent Flyer members the option to purchase seats towards the front of the economy cabin. The following fees apply:
|Domestic and Regional||From A$5 - A$15 depending on the length of the flight|
|Short Haul International||A$20|
|Medium Haul International||A$45|
|Long Haul International||A$45|
Customers travelling with an infant can confirm a seat with bassinet in advance of travel. A limited number of bassinets are available on international routes operated by Qantas B787, A380 and A330 aircraft. There is no charge for customers travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy. Seats with bassinet are not available on domestic and regional routes.
The following charges apply per sector for all economy customers:
|Medium Haul International||A$40|
|Long Haul International||A$45|
Neighbour Free gives economy customers the opportunity to enjoy more space throughout their flight.by reserving the free seat next to them and is currently available on selected Australian domestic and international routes.
Customers can check their eligibility for Neighbour Free by submitting their booking reference and last name via the Neighbour Free widget on qantas.com. Neighbour Free can be requested from 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure until up to 1 hour before departure for Australian domestic flights and 2 hours for international flights.
- No servicing is required by the travel agent.
- Availability is limited so advise your customer to book early.
- Costs vary for each route.
- Once booked, the Neighbour Free seat can be identified in the booking as SSR SBLK NFS 28B (seat number)
- Neighbour Free seats cannot be used for infant seating, carry-on baggage or musical instruments.
- If voluntary or involuntary changes to the selected seat after purchase result in the neighbour free being forfeited, the customer is eligible for a refund,
- Refer to the full terms and conditionsOpens in a new tab or window for more information.
Payments and Refunds
Payment by credit card for Seat Selection can be made through Manage Booking, once your customer’s ticket has been issued.
If your customer’s seat is changed by Qantas for operational, safety or security reasons or they are affected by a flight disruption, you may apply for a refund after departure by completing the refund formOpens in a new tab or window.
Refunds can only be requested after departure of the affected flight. Refund requests must be lodged no later than 3 months after the affected flight.
Payment through an EMD is required for Seat Selection with a fee.
Where a change to Seat Selection is permitted a new EMD-A must be issued.
If your customer’s seat is changed by Qantas for operational, safety or security reasons or your customer is affected by a flight disruption, you may apply for a refund once travel is completed through BSPlink.
Please ensure you include the full details and reason for the refund request.