Preventing Auto Cancellation
Qantas applies an auto cancellation process on all fares.
What is Auto Cancellation?
Qantas flights will be auto-cancelled if the ticketing time limit for the fare has expired and there is no valid ticket number in the booking. This process is known as ‘flight firming’. It assists in reducing the number of no-shows and returns unwanted seats to inventory ensuring every possible seat is available for sale.
- Auto-cancellation applies to all Qantas fares across all cabins.
- Qantas flights booked as part of a oneworld or interline fare are also subject to auto-cancellation.
- Waitlisted flights are not exempt from the auto cancellation process. If your customer's booking contains at least one confirmed flight, a ticketing time limit will apply.
- The auto cancellation process looks at the Qantas flights in the booking and determines the ticketing time limit based on the furthest destination in the booking.
To prevent auto-cancellation, ensure your customer's ticket is issued and ticket numbers are added to their booking within the ticketing time limit of the fare.
- Check your Technology Partner queues and notifications frequently and action all SSR requests for ticket numbers within the advised timeframe.
- An SSR message is generated five days prior to the ticketing time limit. The SSR will advise that a ticket number is required in accordance with the fare rule to avoid auto cancellation:
Example Warning Message
ADTK QANTAS TTL CONDITIONS WILL APPLY ON ALL QF SECTORS
ADTK IRRESPECTIVE OF TICKETING CARRIER
ADTK TICKET NBR MUST BE ADVISED TO QF
ADTK NO LATER THAN 14SEP TO AVOID CANCELLATION
3. If the Qantas flight is part of another airline’s fare that will not be validated to Qantas (081) and has a different ticketing time limit, the most restrictive ticketing time limit will apply. This would also apply to another airline's fare on Qantas (081).
4. For instant purchase fares where same day ticketing is required, no SSR message is sent and the flight will be auto cancelled without warning.
Your Customer's Booking
- If a ticket number is not entered within the ticketing time limit, the booking will be auto cancelled and the flight sector/s changed to HX. An SSR message will generate advising you to remove the HX sector/s or risk ADM:
Example Warning Message
PLS REMOVE HX SEGMENTS – OR RISK ADM
Please refer to the Group Travel terms and conditions for Group fare ticketing time limits.