Agent Rebate (AD) Travel Policy
From 1 December 2023, Qantas will be withdrawing Agent Rebated Travel. Any tickets issued will be eligible for travel within the validity of the authority received from Qantas. Qantas will still introduce exclusive travel agent fares and promotions to destinations on the Qantas network, on an ad-hoc basis only.
Agent Rebate Travel (AD) discounts are available to staff of IATA/TIDS Travel Agency locations for travel on Qantas operated and marketed flights only.
What to Consider Before Applying
- A valid IATA Travel Agent ID Card is required.
- Bookings can be made between 5 and 28 days prior to departure ONLY.
- Refer to this policy for the required booking class in Economy or Business cabin.
- Agent Rebate Travel is not permitted in Premium Economy or First cabin.
- The discount is either 50% (AD50) or 75% (AD75) of the published Y or J class fare and NOT of the fare basis for the required booking class.
- Check the Agent Discount paragraph of the fare rule to confirm that discounts are permitted.
- Waitlists are not permitted.
- The lowest published fare available may be cheaper than an AD Travel discount.
- Your children are not eligible for Agent Rebate Travel.
To be eligible for AD travel, you must be:
1. Create your booking (for Qantas Marketed and Operated flights only) ensuring all passenger names match the name in the passport.
3. Your Agent Rebated (AD) Travel application will be reviewed by the Qantas Agency Connect Team.
4 .Once approved, you will be advised an authority number and travel category code to continue with ticketing.
5. If this is not approved, you will be contacted for further information.
6. Organise for your ticket to be issued as per the applicable fare rule, following the ticketing instructions provided. The advised authority number and travel category code are required to be added to the Endorsements Box.
7. The fare conditions must be complied with including Flight Application, Transfers, Stopovers, Change Fees and Refund conditions.
|Fare Basis||NAD75 or NAD50 (Economy and Business class)
followed by a slash (/); and the fare basis being used
|Status Box||HK (for conditionally confirmed space)|
|Endorsements/Restrictions||Valid QF only
Non Endorseable / Authority Number / Travel Category / Agent ID Number
|Not Valid After Box||90 days from commencement of travel|
|Commission Rate Box||0%|
Travel Category Codes
The applicable travel category code is to be added to the Endorsement Box of your ticket:
|Domestic||Travel Category Code|
|International||Travel Category Code|
All applicable government, airport taxes, charges and GST (if applicable) must be paid in addition to the airfare at time of ticket issuance.
Refunds are permitted where the fare rule permits and can be processed through BSPlink.
~ IATA travel agent ID card number is not required on application for sole proprietor, owner, partner or director of a travel agency. Please advise your position or title when submitting application for verification.
* This refers to your IATA travel agent ID card number and not your agency IATA/TIDS number. Please refer to the IATAOpens external site in a new window website to review eligibility or to obtain an IATA travel agent ID card number.
^ You and your spouse/de-facto must have been cohabiting for over twelve months and be travelling together on all flights. Proof of relationship will be requested either with a copy of the marriage certificate or a statutory declaration. Children are not permitted to use the AD Travel policy.