Quarantine Free Travel from all Australian states and territories will be paused from 10.30pm (NZT) 26 June 2021.
This commercial policy outlines options for impacted Qantas customers for tickets issued on or before 16 July 2021.
Affected destinations and impacted travel dates:
New Zealand – Australian Capital Territory / South Australia / Tasmania ports vv.: 26 June 2021 – 4 July 2021.
New Zealand – Northern Territory / Queensland / Western Australia ports vv.: 26 June 2021 – 16 July 2021.
New Zealand – New South Wales / Victoria vv.: 26 June 2021 – 30 July 2021.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel.
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions (unless covered by this or another commercial policy).
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Qantas Classic Flight Reward tickets cannot be retained in credit. They can be changed or refunded.
This must be done via Contact Centres.