The following options are available to the following Qantas customers holding a valid 081 ticket issued on/before 27 March 2020 for travel on/after 1 February 2020 and on/before 19 July 2020:
- Passengers travelling to/from and via mainland China.
- Passengers originating in mainland China and travelling on another airline to Australia and travelling within domestic Australia and/or trans-Tasman on a separate QF ticket
- Passengers travelling to mainland China on another airline and travelling on a separate QF ticket within domestic Australia and/or trans-Tasman
- All changes must be made prior to the original ticketed departure.
- New travel dates must be within ticket validity.
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Customers are permitted to make changes as outlined in this policy. Any subsequent changes made after the ticket is reissued will be subject to the rules and conditions of the original ticketed fare purchased.
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
Qantas Points Plus Pay and Qantas & Partner Classic Flight Rewards tickets: Passengers are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Your Customer's Ticket
All flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel, regardless of which airline the ticket is validated to.
Passengers may, without a fee:
- Rebook to an alternative Qantas operated service between Australia and mainland China
If the same booking class is not available, the lowest booking class within the same cabin may be booked. If the new fare is of a higher value than the existing ticketed fare, no adcol is to be collected from the passenger.
- Rebook to an alternative Qantas marketed service between Australia and mainland China
The same booking class within the same cabin must be booked. If the new fare is of a higher value than the existing ticketed fare, no adcol is to be collected from the passenger.
- Retain the value of the ticket in credit
Ticket can be held in credit until 31 December 2021 (ticket must be reissued and travel completed by 31 December 2021). If the new fare is of a higher value than the existing ticketed fare, the fare difference is payable by the customer. Applicable ticket surcharges, fees and taxes may apply
If the above alternative options are not suitable, passengers are entitled to a refund. Passengers who have commenced their journey are entitled to a refund of the impacted sector/s (does not need to be reassessed as a one-way fare). Passengers who have not commenced their journey are entitled to a full refund.
For customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
- The agent can reissue the ticket in-house if validated to Qantas (081).
- Ticket to be reissued with no additional collection or refund.
- All details of the original ticket to be shown on the new ticket including fare basis and fare calculation.
- Authority number 607935 must be entered into the tour code box to avoid ADM.
- If there is no change to routing/booking class the ticket can be revalidated.
Ticket in credit
- The Agent can reissue the ticket in-house if validated to Qantas (081).
- Additional fare and ticket taxes may apply subject to assessment of the new journey.
- If the new fare is of a higher value than the existing ticketed fare, the fare difference is payable by the passenger. Applicable ticket taxes apply.
- Authority number 607935 must be entered into the tour code box to waive the fee for voluntary changes and avoid ADM.
- Any refund fees will be waived for tickets issued in accordance with this policy.
- This excludes fees imposed by suppliers or third parties.
- To request a refund, return the ticket to the original point of purchase.
- Travel Agents can submit a Refund Application via BSP Link with reference to the Authority number 607935 to waive any refund fees, no later than 3 months from the date of this policy.
- Domestic Australia and trans-Tasman flights may be refunded if the passenger can provide proof of travel on another carrier (non-081 ticket) to/from mainland China – non-081 ticket number must be placed in the booking before the refund is processed.
Disclaimer: *Mainland China does not include Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.