Participating Booking Agencies have access to a wider range of Qantas fares than non-participating booking agencies.
Qantas Channel Ticketing - Responsibilities of Consolidators and Wholesalers
Consolidators and Wholesalers have the responsibility to issue tickets with the correct fares and fees on all Qantas bookings.
Agencies that are participating in the Qantas Channel are called ‘Participating Booking Agencies' and agencies that are not participating in the Qantas Channel are ‘Non-Participating Booking Agencies’.
Non-Participating Booking Agencies are also subject to a Channel Fee, which is applied on each Qantas marketed flight segment (subject to certain exceptions)*.
- The Consolidator/ Wholesaler must be in the Qantas Channel to ticket bookings on behalf of Participating Booking Agencies
- The Consolidator/ Wholesaler should allocate dedicated PCC/OIDs for the purpose of ticketing bookings by Participating Booking Agencies
- The Consolidator/Wholesaler should advise Participating Booking Agencies to queue their bookings to these dedicated Qantas Channel PCC/OIDs for ticketing
- The Channel Fee will not apply on a booking that is quoted in a PCC/OID that is in the Qantas Channel
Recommended Consolidators and Wholesalers process for issuing tickets for Participating Booking Agencies
Qantas recommends that Consolidators and Wholesalers that issue tickets for Participating Booking Agencies should apply the following process:
If the Consolidator/ Wholesaler participates in the Qantas Channel then they should allocate dedicated “Service” PCC/OIDs that are outside the Qantas Channel for the purpose of ticketing bookings for Non-Participating Booking Agencies
The Consolidator/ Wholesaler should advise the Non-Participating Booking Agencies to queue their bookings only to these Service PCC/OIDs for ticketing
The Channel Fee will automatically apply on a booking that is quoted in a Service PCC/OIDs
- Consolidator/ Wholesaler may choose to issue tickets for Non-Participating Booking Agencies by using their Qantas Channel PCC/OIDs without having a Service PCC/OID
- The Consolidator/ Wholesaler must:
- Always review the stored fare quote within each booking at the time of ticketing
- If there is no YR (Channel Fee) included on the stored fare quote the Consolidator/ Wholesaler may assume that the booking agency is a Participating Booking Agency and issue the ticket without a Channel Fee
- If there is a YR (Channel Fee) included on the stored fare quote the Consolidator/ Wholesaler may assume that the booking agency is a Non-Participating Booking Agency and must retain the YR (Channel Fee) on the ticket
- If Qantas finds that a Consolidator or Wholesaler has removed a Channel Fee (YR) from a stored fare quote by a Non-Participating Booking Agency then an ADM will be issued (an admin fee may apply)
- To exclude PCC/OIDs from the Qantas Channel for the purpose of ticketing for Non-Participating Booking Agencies each Consolidator/ Wholesaler should consult directly with their Technology Partner
- Consolidators/ Wholesalers should then advise Qantas which PCC/OIDs they wish to exclude from the Qantas Channel by using the Consolidator or Wholesaler PCC/OIDs Exclusion Form
Recommended Consolidators and Wholesalers process for issuing tickets for Non-Participating Booking Agencies
Consolidators and Wholesalers must ensure that all tickets issued for Non Participating Booking Agencies are entitled to ticket the fare they have used and included the correct Channel fee for each applicable Qantas marketed segment.
Qantas recommends that Consolidators and Wholesalers that issue tickets for Non-Participating Booking Agencies should apply the following process:
Alternative Consolidators and Wholesalers process for issuing tickets for Non-Participating Booking Agencies
Excluding PCC/OIDs from the Qantas Channel for the purpose of issuing tickets for Non-Participating Booking Agencies
- The first report will contain PCC/OID information only which allows the Consolidator/ Wholesaler to automatically check for Participating Booking Agencies
- The second report will contain additional information to help identify and validate Participating Booking Agencies including PCC/OID, GDS, Agency name and the Agency IATA, TIDS or ARC number
Consolidator or Wholesalers Reports
To assist Consolidators and Wholesalers to identify and manage agencies that participate in the Qantas Channel, Qantas will provide each Consolidator and Wholesaler with regular reports that contain the PCC/OIDs of Participating Booking Agencies that have nominated that Consolidator or Wholesaler as their Ticketing Agent via Qantas Agency Connect within My Agency Profile.
Qantas will provide 2 reports each Monday.
To be eligible to receive these reports, Qantas requires the ticketing IATA numbers used by the Consolidator or Wholesaler to be kept up to date. To nominate or maintain ticketing IATA numbers and designated contacts, please enter the relevant details in the Consolidator or Wholesaler Report Maintenance Form.
Important Ticketing Information
ADMs may be generated for tickets issued by Consolidators or Wholesalers where the Channel Fee is not correctly applied or a particular fare restricted to Participating Booking Agencies is issued on a booking made by a Non-Participating Booking Agency. An administration fee may also apply. Please refer to ADM policy.
*For further information, please refer to the Qantas Channel Fee Policy.