Extra Legroom Seats and Exit Row Seats
Is your customer travelling in Economy and would like some additional space? From A$60 you can select from one of the additional legroom seats.
Extra legroom seats may be located in an Exit Row and these are only available to customers who satisfy the Exit Row Requirements. Please ensure your customer meets the Requirements and Additional Conditions for Exit Rows before you select one of these Extra Legroom seats.
View full terms and conditions for seat selection.
As the Travel Agent booking on behalf of your customer, you must ensure the following conditions are met by the individuals that will use the Exit Row seats:
- be at least 15 years;
- be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency;
- be able to understand and carry out instructions;
- not be travelling with someone who needs assistance in an emergency;
- not have any permanent or temporary impairment, for example, deaf, hearing impaired, blind, vision-impaired, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or be travelling with a service dog;
- be able to check outside conditions and react to cabin crew commands;
- in the event of an emergency be able to reach, open, lift and throw out an exit door that weighs up to 27kg (60lbs);
- acknowledge the exit row briefing given by cabin crew once on board the aircraft;
- not be seated with an infant,
- not utilise any part of the aircraft door (or it's surrounding area) to rest feet, or any other personal item(s); and
- not require the use of an extension seat belt.
As the Travel Agent booking on behalf of the customer, you must ensure the following conditions are met by the individuals that will use the Exit Row seats:
- Exit Row refund conditions are independent of fare refund conditions.
- If between the date of purchasing an Exit Row Seat and 24 hours before travel you become unable to fulfil the requirements to sit in an Exit Row Seat, notify Qantas Contact Centres. If Qantas is notified at least 24 hours prior to departure, your customer will be transferred to a regular Economy seat, and the additional amount paid or Qantas Points redeemed for an Exit Row Seat may be refunded.
- Check-in for passengers seated in Exit Row Seats is only available at airport check-in counters.
- If your customer is part of a group booking, to book an Exit Row seat please contact Group Sales.
Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Disclaimer: ~No agency commissions will be payable on these charges.
*Extra Legroom Seating on
^You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
Qantas has the sole discretion, at check-in or boarding, to determine whether a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an Exit Row Seat. If the passenger does not meet the requirements, they will be assigned a different seat.