Name Correction and Name Change
The following procedures apply when a correction or change is required to a customer's name. Tickets must be validated to Qantas (081) and be wholly unused.
Please read the following definitions of Name Correction and Name Change to ensure you apply the correct procedure:
Name Correction - Applies when there is an error in an existing customer's name that needs to be corrected. The ticket is reissued by the travel agent to reflect the correct name.
Name Change - Applies when the existing customer is no longer travelling and requests that the unused ticket be used as credit toward a new ticket in another customer’s name.
The following policy applies for name corrections to bookings containing Qantas (QF) operated and marketed flights only or a combination of Qantas and Jetstar Group flights, either prime or codeshare, including JQ, 3K and GK.
The following changes are permitted if no ticket has been issued:
- One (1) name correction of three (3) characters or less to the family name
- Unlimited corrections to the first name and/or title
You can make the above corrections in your GDS or Technology Partner booking without authority from Qantas Agency Connect.
Corrections of more than three (3) characters require an authority and action by Qantas to prevent the booking cancelling. This does not apply for bookings containing Jetstar Group flights only.
The following scenarios will be considered:
- Maiden to married or vice versa
- Typing error within the surname
- Typing error within the first name and/or title
- Transposed Name (e.g. change Jane/Smith Ms to Smith/Jane Ms)
No service fee applies.
Please contact Qantas Agency Connect for assistance.
All Qantas (081) tickets require an authority for a name correction once the ticket is issued to prevent the booking from cancelling.
Please contact Qantas Agency Connect for authority.
The following scenarios will be considered:
- Maiden to Married or vice versa^
- Typing error within the surname^
- Typing error within the first name and/or title^
- Typing error within the surname and first name/title^
- Transposed Name (e.g. change Jane/Smith Ms to Smith/Jane Ms)^
You will need to reissue the ticket and include 'Reissue due to name correction' in the endorsement box. No service fee applies.
If a booking contains interline and/or Qantas codeshare flights, the name in the booking cannot be corrected.
Please complete the following steps:
- Create a new booking exactly as per the original itinerary in the correct name
- Cancel the booking containing the incorrect name
- Ticket as per applicable fare rules without authority from Qantas Agency Connect
If the same booking class is unavailable for any Qantas operated and marketed flights in the itinerary, book the lowest available class in the same cabin then contact Qantas Agency Connect for assistance before cancelling the original booking.
For Qantas codeshare and/or interline flights where the same booking class is unavailable, book from current availability and issue the ticket as per the current fare rules without authority from Qantas Agency Connect.
For tickets containing Qantas codeshare and/or interline carriage flights, including Emirates (EK) flights, please follow the below steps:
- If there a re multiple passengers, split the customer with the incorrect name from the original booking
- Create a new booking exactly as per the original itinerary in the correct name.
- Issue a new ticket against the current fare and taxes
- Submit the following information to: email@example.com to obtain authority for a full refund
- Original ticket number
- New ticket number
- Original booking reference
- New booking reference
5. Once authority received from Qantas, you may refund via GDS
For interline and/or Qantas codeshare flights where the same booking class is unavailable, rebook from current availability and issue a new ticket as per the applicable fare rules. The new ticket must be of equal or higher value. Email firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens in a new tab or window for authority to refund the original ticket.
All travel must be on Australian domestic flights for travel wholly within Australia.
If a ticket has not been issued, please cancel the booking and create a new booking in the new name.
Name changes on Qantas (081) international tickets are not permitted.
International tickets are only valid for the original ticketed passenger’s name and cannot be transferred into the name of another passenger.