I have read and acknowledge that Qantas will assume your consent of this content.
1. We have been advised that Agent/Agency will cease trading, and that there are customers’ bookings that may require Qantas’ direct servicing support.
2. Qantas’ preference is for the Agent to finalise outstanding refunds or service requests, prior to your actual closure, to mitigate the impact on our mutual customers.
3. Pursuant to clause 5.2 of the Qantas Standard Agency Terms and Conditions, where your Agency is unable to, or does not service customer bookings, Qantas will assume responsibility for servicing and management of these bookings when contacted directly by the customer.
4. In the event that Qantas assumes responsibility for any customer bookings pursuant to paragraph 3 above (Remaining Agent Bookings), Qantas does so on the condition that Qantas is fully released from any liability to Agent, with respect to the Remaining Agent Bookings and no further claim can be made against Qantas by:
(a) Agent; or
(b) any other persons claiming through Agent including, but not limited to, any Agent acquiring merchant bank for credit card chargebacks, any relevant insurance provider or other creditors of Agent,
in relation to any Remaining Agent Bookings or refund monies paid by Qantas with respect to any Remaining Agent Bookings.
5. Qantas reserves the right to charge Agent a service fee for any direct servicing of Remaining Agent Bookings by Qantas.
6. If you have any objections to procedure outlined above, please respond by return email within 7 days of receipt of this email, otherwise Qantas shall assume your consent to the content of this letter.