Following a review of the Domestic Ticket Reissue Policy, Qantas has implemented the following changes.
Qantas will waive the requirement, when making a date change, for an Agent to raise a separate refund and separate additional collection for taxes and base fare changes if the two amounts offset each other to zero. The purpose is to reduce administration burden and improve process for Agent and customer.
If, after re-pricing, the Base Fare and Ticket Taxes increase and decreased by the same amount and offset to zero, under the following conditions:
- Original ticket issued prior to 13 July 2020
- Reissued between 13 July 2020 and 31 December 2020;
- Travel prior to 31 December 2020; and
- The origin and destination remain the same and is for domestic travel; and
- The fare basis remain the same; and
- The date of travel has changed.
The following is permitted:
- The Agent may re-issue the ticket without raising a refund for taxes and without collecting additional fare for base fare changes.
- Authority number 628186 must be entered into the endorsement box to avoid ADM.