Bid Now Upgrades
Customers with eligible bookings can make an offer to upgrade to a premium cabin using cash, or a combination of Qantas Points and cash, if they are a Qantas Frequent Flyer member.
You will not be advised your customer has submitted a Bid Now Upgrade offer.
If the Bid Now Upgrade is confirmed, an SSR PUPG will be added to their booking and the flight segment will be changed to U (Business class), Z (Premium Economy class) or P (First class). An EMD-A will be issued by Qantas.
- No servicing is required by travel agents.
- The original fare conditions of the booking will apply to the upgraded booking.
- Your customer will be entitled to all inclusions of the upgraded class.
- Qantas Lounge access eligibility is based on class of travel for the next onward flight or their Qantas Club membership or the Frequent Flyer membership tier.
- In accordance with Commonwealth policy, this offer is not available to customers travelling for Commonwealth purposes.
To find out more about Bid Now Upgrades, take a look at the Terms and ConditionsOpens in a new tab or window.
Your customer will be advised by email if their bid has been successful within 24 hours of the scheduled flight departure.
If the upgrade offer is accepted, the Qantas Points and cash offered will be automatically deducted.~
If the offer is not successful your customer will not be charged and their booking will not change.
Your customer can enter their booking details on the Bid Now Upgrade page on qantas.com to review, submit, modify or cancel an existing offer up to 5 hours prior to departure on domestic flights and up to 10 hours prior to departure on international flights.
~ Members are responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient funds on their nominated payment card and a sufficient amount of Qantas Points in their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account from the time the upgrade offer is submitted to the scheduled flight departure time. When an upgrade offer is accepted, the nominated payment card will be charged the money payable in the currency displayed on the payment page.