Qantas will bring forward international flights from Melbourne following the Victorian Government’s decision to remove quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers returning from overseas from November.
The national carrier welcomes the decision by the Victorian Government, which was made possible by the huge number of Victorians who have rolled up their sleeves to get vaccinated.
The updated international schedule out of Melbourne published today includes:
- Melbourne to London: Qantas flights will commence 27 November 2021, two days per week with 787 aircraft and ramping up to daily from 18 December 2021.
- Melbourne to Singapore: Qantas flights will be brought forward to 22 November 2021, three weeks ahead of scheduled, operating three days per week with A330 aircraft and ramping up to daily from 18 December. Jetstar will also recommence flying four times a week between Melbourne and Singapore using 787 aircraft, a route it hasn’t flown since 2019.
Qantas will offer the first three return services on both routes as Points Planes meaning frequent flyers can access every seat across every cabin as Classic Flight Reward seats. Seats on these flights will also be available as regular flight bookings.
Victorian customers can also now book onward flights to other international destinations including Los Angeles (1 November), Fiji (7 December), Johannesburg (5 January) and Bangkok (14 January) via Sydney.
Flights from Melbourne to Los Angeles will restart from 18 December 2021 with other destinations scheduled to recommence in the new year. Qantas and Jetstar will look at bringing forward additional destinations if possible.
Initial flights are limited to Australian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate families and parents in line with Federal Government requirements.
Information for international travellers
- As part of Federal Government requirements, customers on these flights will also be required to return a negative COVID test from an approved PCR testing site within 72 hours of departure.
- The Victorian Government requires all passengers travelling to Victoria to take a COVID test within 24 hours of arriving.
- Customers are advised to check government requirements for the destination they are travelling to.
- Customers who book international flights before 28 February 2022 can make ‘fee free’ date changes when travelling before 31 December 2022. (A fare difference may apply).
For more information
Refer to the Coronavirus travel update page for further information related to your customer’s travel, including Qantas vaccination requirements and our network.
International flights remain subject to Government and Regulatory approval.