Jetstar have been notified by the Australian Federation of Airline Pilots that it plans to take a range of industrial actions that could disrupt travel between 13-20 December 2019.
- New travel dates must be within ticket validity.
- If your travel with Qantas / QantasLink is disrupted for reasons that are outside our control and you are away from your home port, Qantas will provide overnight accommodation (one night) otherwise, unless required by applicable laws, Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses, such as hotel or other ground operator fees.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Customers are permitted to make changes as outlined in this policy. Any subsequent changes made after the ticket is reissued will be subject to the rules and conditions of the original ticketed fare purchased.
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
Passengers who are travelling on Qantas and Jetstar Points Plus Pay tickets are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Passengers who are travelling on Qantas and Partner Classic Flight Reward tickets are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed provided any travel rebooked or rerouted is made on an eligible Qantas Frequent Flyer Partner Airline and any travel booked on a partner airline is subject to reward seat availability. Classic Flight Reward tickets cannot be retained in credit.
Please note, any changes to bookings in redemption classes must be made in the same class as the original booking.
Your Customer's Ticket
All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel, regardless of which airline the ticket is validated to.
Passengers may, without a fee:
1. Rebook / Reroute Travel
|2. Retain Ticket Value in Credit||
For tickets validated to another carrier, please refer to the ticketed airline’s policy for ticket reissue.
For customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
- Ticket to be reissued with no additional collection or refund.
- Additional fare, ticket taxes and change fees associated to the ticket do not apply.
- All details of the original ticket to be shown on the new ticket including fare basis and fare calculation.
- Authority Number 591503 must be entered into the endorsement box to avoid ADM.
Ticket in Credit
- Authority Number 591503 must be entered into the endorsement box to waive the fee for voluntary changes and avoid ADM.
- Any refund fees will be waived for tickets issued in accordance with this policy
- This excludes fees imposed by suppliers or third parties.
- To request a refund, return the ticket to the original point of purchase.
- Travel Agents can submit a Refund Application via BSP Link with reference to the Authority Number 591503 to waive any refund fees, no later than 3 months from the date of this policy.