There are many ways for your customers to check in for their Qantas operated flights. This guide will assist you select and advise Select the most suitable option.
Check-in times vary, so ensure your customer is informed of the recommended time for arrival at the airport and when check-in will close for their Qantas flight.
- If your customers are travelling with bags, and have checked in via mobile/online options, ensure they arrive at the airport to check in their bags at least 30 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 90 minutes for international flights.
- If your customer needs to change their flight after they have checked in via mobile/online options, only airport staff can assist.
- If your customer is travelling on a flight operated by another airline, they must check in with the operating carrier. For example, QF8405 from Melbourne to Dubai is operated by Emirates so your customer will check in with Emirates.
- Check-in times for partner airlines can vary which may lead to online check-in not being available for connecting flights.
Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR)
Passengers who Require Mobility Aid Assistance
Passengers who require mobility aid assistance should check in at the airport:
- At least 60 minutes before departure for Australian domestic flights.
- At least 2 hours prior to departure for international flights including Australian domestic flights from international airports.
- For departures from overseas airports confirm check-in time with the local Qantas office and allow an extra 30 minutes.
If your customer is receiving errors when trying to check in online or via the mobile app, feedback can be forwarded via the online form for investigation. Please ensure the problem is clearly outlined by advising the site and any error messages your customer is receiving. Include the booking reference to ensure a prompt and accurate response.
Your Customer’s Check-in Options
||Accessible from 24 hours to 30 minutes before flight departure for eligible flights.
||Accessible from 24 hours to 30 minutes before flight departure for eligible flights. This is available for most connections to an international and/or domestic flight, where your customer is connecting to a Qantas flight or eligible partner airline.
||Your customer will be sent an SMS for selected flights, inviting them to access their boarding pass, if they have not previously checked in, provided their mobile number is listed in their Frequent Flyer Profile or Qantas booking.
||Self Service kiosks are located in the departure area before security. Premium Service Desk check-in is also available for Qantas Platinum One, Platinum, Gold and Silver Frequent Flyers.
||Accessible from 24 hours to 2 hours before flight departure for eligible flights. This is available for most connections including Qantas flights connecting to eligible partner airline flights.