Group Seat Selection Conditions
Seats can only be selected on Qantas international flights QF1 - 199 and Qantas domestic flights QF400 - 1349 (excluding QantasLink services).
- Preferential seating zones exist for Platinum, Gold or Silver Frequent Flyers, equivalent oneworld members and any companion travelling with these frequent flyers in the same booking. Any travelling companion may be seated within these preferential zones alongside their travelling tiered frequent flyer.
- Passengers who wish to sit next to each other but have made a separate individual GDS booking will need to request their seat independently either on Qantas.com or with their booking agent. Qantas Group Travel is not able to advise on the seat selection of passengers booked in separate individual GDS bookings.
- If in accordance with the fare rules the travel agent elects to move the passenger/group to another flight or fails to pay for the group booking resulting in cancellation of flights, any seat selection paid for is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another flight. Seat selection required for any new flight must be selected separately and no refund will be provided for any seat selection purchased for the previous flight.
- Seat selection is not transferable to another passenger.
- Seat selection is non-refundable unless:
o Qantas changes the paid seat for operational, safety or security reasons (even after boarding the aircraft), and we are unable to seat the passenger in a suitable alternative.
o A flight disruption causes the passenger to be moved to another flight and Qantas is unable to seat them in a suitable alternative on the new flight.
o Qantas moves the passenger to a flight not operated by Qantas.
- Seat selection is non-refundable if we have moved the passenger to a seat in a higher cabin class for operational, safety or security reasons.
- Advance seating is not available on all Qantas flights and aircraft.