Agent Rebate (AD) Travel Policy
Agent Rebate Travel (AD) discounts are available to staff of IATA/TIDS Travel Agency locations for travel on Qantas operated and marketed flights only.
What to Consider Before Applying
- A valid IATA Travel Agent ID Card is required.
- Bookings can be made between 5 and 28 days prior to departure ONLY.
- Refer to this policy for the required booking class in Economy or Business cabin.
- Agent Rebate Travel is not permitted in Premium Economy or First cabin.
- The discount is either 50% (AD50) or 75% (AD75) of the published Y or J class fare and NOT of the fare basis for the required booking class.
- Check the Agent Discount paragraph of the fare rule to confirm that discounts are permitted.
- Waitlists are not permitted.
- The lowest published fare available may be cheaper than an AD Travel discount.
- Your children are not eligible for Agent Rebate Travel.
To be eligible for AD travel, you must be:
How is the Agent Rebate (AD) Travel Fare Calculated?
The discount offered is either 50% (AD50) or 75% (AD75) of the published Y class or J class fare for your itinerary and is not applied to the class of travel in your booking.
The lowest available published fare is often cheaper, can be booked more than 28 days prior to travel and may permit codeshare and other airline flights.
Will my Booking be Confirmed?
When booking agent discounted tickets, you could be placed on standby or offloaded if Qantas needs to move passengers from the flight you are scheduled to travel on.
In the unlikely event that you cannot be uplifted, every effort will be made to help you make alternative travel arrangements. Qantas will always endeavour, where possible, to notify you in advance of the possibility of offload.
What is the Maximum Stay on AD Travel?
The maximum stay is 90 days from the date of commencement of travel.
Do I need to Provide any Additional ID at Check-in?
You are required to provide proof of identity and show your valid IATA Travel Agent ID card when checking in.
Will I earn Frequent Flyer Points?
You will not earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points or status credits when travelling on AD travel.
Can I Upgrade using Frequent Flyer Points?
You will not be eligible to request an upgrade using points when travelling on AD travel.
Can I Access the Qantas Club?
Access to the Qantas Club Lounge is available if you hold current Qantas Club membership. This is not available based on your travel in Business class.
Can I Make a Seat or Dietary Required Meal Request?
Dietary Required Meals and seat requests are not permitted, unless you suffer from a serious medical condition. For serious medical conditions a Medical Clearance Form (PDF) must be completed and returned to Qantas at least two weeks prior to departure.
Is there a Dress Code when Travelling on AD Travel?
A high standard of dress code and grooming is required at all times. Failure to comply with these standards may result in refusal to board or upgrade. The final decision is at the discretion of Airport Management.
Booking are permitted between 28 to 5 days prior to departure in the class of travel listed below:
|Qantas Domestic Flights|
|AD50||Economy Cabin||M class||Agent only|
|AD50||Business Cabin||I class||Agent only|
|AD75||Economy Cabin||E class||Agent and Spouse|
|Qantas International Flights|
|AD50||Economy Cabin||M class||Agent and Spouse|
|AD50||Business Cabin||D class||Agent and Spouse|
|AD75||Economy Cabin||E class||Agent only|
|AD75||Business Cabin||I class||Agent only|
- Create your booking for Qantas operated and marketed flights only, ensuring all passenger names match the passport name.
- Complete and submit the Agent Rebate Travel application form (pdf), ensuring you include your valid IATA travel agent card number.
- We will review your Agent Rebated (AD) Travel application and approve where possible.
- Once approved, we will advise the authority number and travel category code for ticketing purposes.
- Issue your ticket in accordance with the applicable published Y or J fare, following the ticketing instructions provided in this policy. All fare conditions of the published fare apply including Flight Application, Transfers, Stopovers, Change Fees and Refund. Ensure you include the authority number and travel category code in the Endorsement Box.
- If not approved, we will contact you.
|Fare Basis||NAD75 or NAD50 (Economy and Business class)
followed by a slash (/); and the fare basis being used
|Status Box||HK (for conditionally confirmed space)|
|Endorsements/Restrictions||Valid QF only
Non Endorseable / Authority Number / Travel Category / Agent ID Number
|Not Valid After Box||90 days from commencement of travel|
|Commission Rate Box||0%|
Travel Category Codes
The applicable travel category code is to be added to the Endorsement Box of your ticket:
|Domestic||Travel Category Code|
|International||Travel Category Code|
All applicable government, airport taxes, charges and GST must be paid in addition to the airfare at time of ticket issuance.
Refunds are permitted where the fare rule permits and can be processed through BSPlink.
Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Disclaimer: ~ IATA travel agent ID card number is not required on application for sole proprietor, owner, partner or director of a travel agency. Please advise your position or title when submitting application for verification.
* This refers to your IATA travel agent ID card number and not your agency IATA/TIDS number. Please refer to the IATAOpens external site in a new window website to review eligibility or to obtain an IATA travel agent ID card number.
^ You and your spouse/de-facto must have been cohabiting for over twelve months and be travelling together on all flights. Proof of relationship will be requested either with a copy of the marriage certificate or a statutory declaration. Children are not permitted to use the AD Travel policy.