When can Base Commission be Claimed
Effective 1 July 2022, a 1% base commission can be claimed through BSP for the following fares where the ticket is issued in Australia on Qantas (081) and travel originates in Australia:
- Published International fares (with the exception of except Trans-Tasman)
- International Qantas Business Rewards (QBR) fares (with the exception of trans-Tasman fares) - as advised at time of fare distribution and dependant on booking class.
Please note base commission can also be claimed for the Qantas Channel Fee if the Qantas Channel Fee is collected on any of the above fares.
When can Base Commission not be Claimed
Base commission cannot be claimed for the following fares:
- All Australian (including Norfolk Island) and New Zealand Domestic fares
- Trans-Tasman fares
- Private fares – unless advised at time of fare distribution commission can be claimed
- International fares combined with Private non-commissionable fares
- Jetstar Group (JQ,GK,3K) fares when ticketed on Qantas (081) with no Qantas content – you will need to manually adjust the commission payable in BSP to 0%.
- All fares where travel originates outside Australia – you will need to manually adjust the commission payable in BSP to 0%.
What Happens if the Commission Amount Claimed is Incorrect
If commission is claimed on a non-commissionable fare, Qantas will raise an Agent Debit Memo (ADM) to recoup the amount. An ADM administration fee of AUD60.00 also applies.
If commission is payable but has not been claimed through BSP, an Agent Credit Memo (ACM) request can be submitted to Qantas via BSPlink to request an adjustment. Full details should be provided.
What Happens if a Commissionable Fare is Reissued to a Non-Commissionable Fare
If a ticket has been issued for a commissionable fare and that ticket is subsequently reissued to a non-commissionable fare, Qantas will raise an ADM to recover the commission claimed. An ADM Administration Fee also applies.
Commission on Refunded Tickets
International fares issued in-conjunction with domestic travel as an add-on or through fare are subject to 100% commission recall if the international portion is refunded and only domestic sectors are travelled.