This policy is for customers that have tickets held in credit (flight credits) for bookings cancelled by Qantas.
Customer are able to;
- apply ticket credits for multi-journeys; and/or
- extend ticket validity to 31 December 2023
This commercial policy is for domestic and international travel for tickets issued between 1 October 2021 and 31 July 2022 to allow flexible flight credit for Qantas cancellation.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
- Customers who elect to retain the value of the ticket in credit are entitled to a free change at time of reissue to Pseudo flight to hold funds in credit.
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- Ticket can be held in credit until 31 December 2023 (ticket must be reissued and travel completed by 31 December 2023).
- Any remaining credit is forfeited by the customer and will be removed on 1 January 2024.
- On commencement of this process, all taxes are to be refunded to the customer. Eligible taxes will need to be collected from the passenger for every new itinerary booked and ticketed using the ticket credit.
- If the original fare conditions permitted a refund, it must be requested prior to reissue to Pseudo flight and before the expiry date. Once a customer has requested reissue to the Pseudo flight, the fare conditions from the original booking no longer apply and any unredeemed value not used before the expiry date is non-refundable (except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law).
- New booking is subject to availability and all conditions of the new fare are applicable.
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions (unless covered by this or another commercial policy).
This policy only applies if manual reissuing of tickets is required via your GDS. For all conditions associated with using Ticket Credits for multiple bookings option, please refer to FAQ and process document on Qantas Agency Connect.