The following policy applies to customers that are impacted by AKL/OOL flight cancellations by Qantas.
The following commercial policy is available to customers holding a valid
- 081 domestic ticket issued on/before 13 July 2021 for
- Travel between 14 July 2021 and 15 September 2021
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
- Flights must be cancelled by Qantas and UN message generated to your booking
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Frequent flyer bookings cannot be held in credit. They can be changed or refunded. This must be done via Contact Centres. Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings take on commercial fare rules unless they are booked in redemption classes.