As part of a process improvement review, Qantas will be implementing a process change to International Ticket Reissues, effective 12.01am AEST 20 January 2021.
Key benefits of this change will be enabling the full automation of reissues when processed by Agents via the GDS.
The new International Reissue Policy will allow for multiple reissues to be processed at any time, reducing Agency Debit Memos (ADMs) and enabling Agents to service customers faster and more easily.
Key changes to note:
- The ‘Type 1’ and ‘Type 2’ rule will be removed.
- Reissue conditions will be applied by the fare product i.e. for Tactical, Sale, Saver and Flex fares.
- Before departure, the removal of using historical fares.
- Before departure, all changes will use current fares.
- After departure, there is no change to policy.
- The new policy is global, travel commencing from the USA, Canada or Mexico, Sale and Saver fares will be equal or higher.
- For tickets issued prior to 20 January 2021, Type 1 reissues will apply to the previous policy, for the life of the ticket.
- For tickets issued prior to 20 January 2021, Type 2 reissues after departure the previous policy applies.
- For tickets issued prior to 20 January 2021, Type 2 reissues before departure for tickets reissued from 20 January 2021, the old policy applies to the first reissue, this includes date, flight change and rerouting requests. For any second and subsequent reissues, the new policy will apply.