Qantas will today begin flying three new routes between Tasmania and the mainland to meet strong demand for domestic travel.
- Flights from Hobart to Brisbane will operate up to five days per week. QF1576 to Brisbane will depart at 2.30pm this afternoon.
- Flights from Hobart to Canberra will operate three days per week. QF1534 to Canberra will depart at 1245pm today.
- For the first time in sixteen years, Qantas will operate direct from Launceston to Sydney up to four days per week. QF1540 will depart Launceston at 1.50pm today, marked by a water canon salute for the aircraft on the tarmac.
All flights will be operated by QantasLink’s dual class Boeing 717s featuring 12 seats in Business and 98 seats in Economy, offering around 2,500 seats per week across the three routes.
In response to a strong response since the Launceston-Sydney route went on sale, Qantas has today announced it will extend the service beyond the initial eight-week period with flights now due to operate at least until the end of October 2021.
Today’s inaugural flights follow the launch of three other new Qantas Group routes from Hobart in recent weeks, to Perth with Qantas and to Gold Coast with Jetstar – bringing the number of new routes for Tasmania to five.
Qantas has launched a “See More Australia” sale, inviting travellers to explore the best of their own backyard in 2021 and supporting the tourism industry’s recovery from COVID-19. Fares are on sale until 7 December 2020 unless sold out prior, for travel between February to June 2021:
- Brisbane-Hobart from $189 one-way
- Canberra-Hobart from $229 one-way
- Sydney-Launceston from $139 one-way
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Qantas has introduced a number of initiatives to encourage customers to book with greater flexibility, as well as to improve safety and peace-of-mind when travelling domestically through its Fly Well program.
Qantas’ longstanding partner, Mona, one of Tasmania’s premier tourist attractions is due to re-open its doors to visitors and locals on Boxing Day.
*Economy fares are available to Agents participating in the Qantas Channel. View more information to register your Agency or check your Agency’s registration status for the Qantas Channel.