Qantas has implemented the following temporary addendum to the Domestic Ticket Reissue Policy for point-of-sale Australia Agents only.
Qantas will waive the requirement, when making a date change, for an agent to raise a separate refund and separate additional collection for taxes and base fare changes if the two amounts offset each other to zero. The purpose is to reduce administration burden and improve process for agent and customer.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel, regardless of which airline the ticket is validated to.
- New travel dates must be within ticket validity.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Any subsequent changes made after the ticket is reissued will be subject to the rules and conditions of the original ticketed fare purchased.
Your Customer's Ticket
For customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket
If, after re-pricing, the Base Fare and Ticket Taxes increase/decrease by the same amount and offset to zero, under the following conditions:
- Original ticket issued prior to 24 August 2021
- Reissued between 24 August 2021 and 31 December 2021;
- Travel prior to 31 December 2021; and
- The origin and destination remain the same and is for domestic travel; and
- The fare basis remains the same; and
- The date of travel has changed;
- Total all in fare is the same prior and post reissue.
The following is permitted:
- The agent may re-issue the ticket without raising a refund for taxes and without collecting additional fare for base fare changes (and vice versa)
- Authority number 638340 must be entered into the endorsement box to avoid ADM