The following policy applies to customers that are impacted by Tasman capacity changes where a flight has been cancelled by Qantas.
This policy applies to Qantas customers holding a valid ticket issued on/before 20 May 2021 for travel between 23 May 2021 and 15 August 2021.
Affected routes are: Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne/Coolangatta - Auckland, Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne - Christchurch and Sydney/Melbourne - Wellington.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
- Flights must be cancelled by Qantas and UN message generated to your GDS booking
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent flyer award tickets:
Frequent flyer bookings cannot be held in credit. They can be changed or refunded. This must be done via Contact Centres. Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings take on commercial fare rules unless they are booked in redemption classes.