Coffs Harbour is nestled between a high mountain backdrop and dozens of beaches along the pretty coastline of northern New South Wales.
* All fares are currently quoted and displayed in US Dollars. Fares exclude taxes and charges. Availability is limited.
Coffs Harbour is well known for its friendly and relaxed atmosphere, but there's plenty to do for the more energetic amongst us.
- Visit the iconic Big Banana Fun parkOpens external site in a new window
- From May to November hop on a day cruise or visit one of the coastal headlands to watch magnificent whales migrate up the coast
- Have an unforgettable animal experience swimming with seals and dolphins at Dolphin Marine MagicOpens external site in a new window
- Take a calm beach walk on the wide and weather-sheltered Diggers beach
- Drive to the rainforest at World Heritage-listed Dorrigo National ParkOpens external site in a new window
- Browse the Coffs Harbour Uptown Markets held under the Castle Street car park every Sunday.
Some families have been visiting Coffs Harbour's coastal resorts, self-catering apartments and picturesque camping spots for years...
Coffs Harbour and surrounds
Stay in town or at nearby Park Beach – the town’s main swimming and surfing beach – and you’ll be close to the Muttonbird Island Nature ReserveOpens external site in a new window, which is accessed by walking along the breakwater from the harbour.
North of town is a string of stunning beaches - Sapphire Beach, Emerald Beach and Woolgoolga Beach with its tidal rock platforms. Corindi and Arrawarra beaches are at the northern-most edge of the Coffs Coast.
South of town is the beachside community of Sawtell, boasting an abundance of cafes, restaurants, boutique stores as well as reserves, picnic areas and playgrounds.
Or for some tranquillity, Urunga in the south is perfect for a getaway with a consistently good year-round climate. Similarly, Bellingen is a relaxing retreat and is home to Australia’s largest regional markets which attract visitors from all around NSW.
Australian Dollar (AU$)
220-240V / 50Hz
Coffs Harbour has a humid subtropical climate. The city is relatively sunny with an average of 122 clear days per year. The average summer temperature is between 19°C and 29°C and the average winter is between 8°C and 20°C. January through to April tend to receive the most rainfall.
From the airport
Coffs Harbour Regional AirportOpens external site in a new window is located four kilometres south of Coffs Harbour city centre. In addition to a selection of car rental companies, several bus lines
service the airport including accommodation transfers direct with hotels and
In and around the city
Four bus companies provide regular routes in and around the Coffs Harbour region. The Coffs NightRiderOpens external site in a new window bus is a safe and convenient way to get around at night. Taxis are also available throughout the city.
Coffs Harbour car hire
Tour the scenic coastline and visit the rainforests at your leisure in your own rental car.
Your flight with Qantas
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels and more with our Price Promise#.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Enjoy no card payment fees on qantas.com when you book your next trip using BPAY or POLi.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
* All fares are currently quoted and displayed in US Dollars. Fares exclude taxes and charges. Availability is limited. Price exclude taxes, fees and carrier charges and local airport taxes collected at time of check-in. Flight Out and Flight Back fares shown are only valid when purchased as a return journey.
^ You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.