For a smooth inflight experience, consider the following points to help you and your child relax on your upcoming flight.
- Take the time to talk to your child about your upcoming trip. Explain what they will be doing so there are no shocks on the day. You can include them in the preparation showing them the ticket and passport. Also role play or explaining it like a story can make this a fun experience for them and may help them better understand.
- Let your child know that the airport is a busy place and that they should stay close to you. Consider giving your child the flight number and your mobile number.
- Dress your child in loose, comfortable clothes. Layers will allow you to adjust easily according to the temperature. Bring a spare set of clothes in case you need them.
- Bringing your child's favourite soft toy will help your child feel more comfortable. Reading books and drawing is good entertainment that can easily be done onboard. Avoid bringing toys that have too many small pieces.
- Explaining what is happening to your child will help settle your child especially during take off. Also allowing time for your child to explore will help them take in the changes.
- Earache is common during take off and it can sometimes be avoided if children chew or suck on something such as a lolly or for babies they can be fed or suck on their pacifier.
- Show your child how to use the controls found in their seat including in-flight entertainment systems, we offer a range of child friendly inflight entertainment content.
- When sleeping, it may help to change your child into their pyjamas as well as keeping their favourite bedtime toy or blanket next to them to cuddle.
- We do have nappies and baby wipes onboard but our supplies are limited so please ensure you do bring enough for your child. Changing tables are also available onboard in selected washrooms.