Select your seat
- What's New
- Extra Legroom for Less: For a limited time on selected International flights, enjoy an Extra Legroom seat for up to 25% off the regular price! View this offer.
- Seat Selection is now complimentary for international Economy Saver and Flex fares. The charge for Seat Selection for International Economy Sale Fares has changed from $25 to $15 on Trans-Tasman flights. For all other International flights it has changed from $25 to $30. More customers will have the option to select their preferred seat free of charge. Where customers select seats free of charge during check-in (available from 24 hours before departure), or do not select their seat at all, our airport staff will endeavour to accommodate parties travelling together if seats are available.
Like the window seat? Prefer the aisle? Select your preferred seat on Qantas operated flights+ after making a booking. Seat Selection is complimentary for customers who are:
- Travelling on any Qantas operated domestic service;
- Travelling internationally in Economy on a Saver or Flex fare;
- Travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy cabins;
- Platinum One, Platinum, Gold or Silver Frequent Flyers or equivalent oneworld and Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyers;
- On the same booking and travelling with any of the above mentioned travellers;
- Checking in within 24 hours of departure.
Seat Selection is available for a charge for customers travelling in International Economy on Sale fares.
Extra Legroom seats
Travelling in Economy and would like some additional space? From A$60 you can select from one of the additional legroom seats. Please check you meet the Requirements and additional conditions for Exit Rows before you select one.
For a limited time on selected International flights, choose an Extra Legroom seat for up to 25% off the regular price! This is your chance to enjoy a more spacious seat for less. View this offer.
Select Your Seat Now
Don't forget to check in online even if you have selected your seat. Ensure you take your Seat receipt (for purchased seats), Boarding Pass and Qantas Booking Reference with you to the airport.
Terms and conditions apply.
|Flights||Routes||Seat Selection||Extra Legroom seats*|
|Domestic East-West||All||Free||$60 or 8,000 Points*|
|International short-haul||Australia - Trans Tasman||$15 or 2,000 Points^||Not available|
|International medium-haul||East Coast Australia - Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Shanghai, Jakarta, Tokyo, Manila and Dubai |
Los Angeles – New York
Dubai - London
|$30 or 4,000 Points^||$90 or 12,000 Points|
|International long-haul||East Coast Australia - London, Johannesburg, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas/Fort Worth and Santiago||$30 or 4,000 Points^||$180 or 23,500 Points|
As these changes only apply to Seat Selection booked on/after 23 September 2015, Economy Saver and Flex fare customers who selected their seat before 23 September 2015 will not be eligible for a refund of any Seat Selection charge paid, except where otherwise permitted in the Seat Selection terms and conditions. If, after 23 September 2015, a customer makes changes to existing Seat Selection on the same flight, an adjustment may apply to the charge already paid and would be collected at the time of processing the seating change.
View full terms and conditions for seat selection.
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
+ You can select your seat only on Qantas international flights QF1 - 199 and Qantas domestic flights QF400 - 1349 (excluding QantasLink services). On QantasLink services you can request a preference for an aisle or window seat.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Members must be logged into qantas.com using their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and have sufficient points for redemption at the time of purchasing seats. The Points Plus Pay option is not available when purchasing seats.
# Bookings made through Qantas offices will incur a service fee of A$35 per passenger for domestic and trans-Tasman bookings and A$60 per passenger for International bookings.
* Extra Legroom Seating on East West flights available on selected flights operated by A330 aircraft only