Qantas Opens New Centre of Service Excellence
Sydney, 28 January 2009
Qantas has opened a new Centre of Service Excellence in Sydney to provide enhanced training for over 18,000 staff from across the Qantas Group.
Qantas Executive General Manager, Mr John Borghetti, said the $10 million investment was a sign of the airline's commitment to setting new, world-leading customer service standards.
"Qantas has set a wide range of industry benchmarks with the launch of its state-of-the-art A380 aircraft, First Lounges and other domestic and international product upgrades, and we are committed to continuing to refine our service style in keeping with that investment," Mr Borghetti said.
"The establishment of this new, dedicated Centre of Service Excellence allows us to bring together the current elements of our training with additional modules developed with our new fleet and ground product in mind."
The 5,000 square metre facility features:
* customer experience zones dedicated to the airline's First class, Business class, Premium Economy class, Economy class and Domestic/QantasLink offerings;
* a 126-seat auditorium;
* an eight metre central stage with surrounding tables and seating for 125 people;
* four cabin crew training pods which simulate those on the aircraft;
* a Qantas Innovation Zone, sponsored by Panasonic and designed to capture employees' ideas and initiatives for exceptional service;
* an intranet workstation area;
* a wine training and epicurean wing;
* 12 learning and development rooms; and
* image and presentation rooms.
Mr Borghetti said the facility would build on the airline's already substantial investment in staff training.
"We will be able to enhance the training of frontline people from across the Group, which will ensure our service style is consistent through every stage of the customer's journey," he said.
"Approximately 130 staff, including telesales, cabin crew, pilots and airport staff, will undertake training in the Centre three times each week and staff will be supported with communication before, during and after their training."
Mr Borghetti said the Qantas Group invests in excess of $280 million in staff training per year.
The Qantas Centre of Service Excellence is located in Alexandria in Sydney.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3877)