The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier
Our favourite fashion bloggers style their flight looks for a chance to win a trip to Melbourne
Melbourne is the cultural hub of Australia, with its galleries and exhibitions being world renowned. The National Gallery of Victoria is the oldest and one of the most visited galleries in Australia and a must visit destination for anyone travelling to the city.
Currently, the National Gallery of Victoria is playing host to 'The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk'. Gaultier is one of the most famous designers and has created dresses for Australian super icons such as Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman. The exhibition features more than 140 superbly crafted garments, as well as sketches, costumes and excerpts from runway shows and film.
We've teamed up with a number of the UK's most stylish fashion bloggers to offer one of them a return trip to Melbourne to check out the exhibition for themselves.
We sent them an ASOS voucher and asked them to style a look they would wear on a flight to Australia. Whether they're going all out in high fashion, or keeping it casual with a cute pair of skinnies and trainers, we're excited to see what they come up with.
We'll pick our favourite and they'll win this amazing prize:
- two return Economy flights from London Heathrow to Melbourne;
- three nights accommodation at The Sofitel Melbourne On Collins in a Classic King room;
- a tour of the exhibition.
The competition is now closed and we have a winner!
The last two weeks has seen our favourite fashion bloggers style it out to win a trip to Melbourne, Australia, to check out the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition currently taking place at the National Gallery of Victoria. We challenged these fashion bloggers to come up with their ideal 'travel' outfit for a flight to Australia. We had 15 entries from some very talented bloggers and were very impressed with some of the great outfits.
Unfortunately, not everyone could win and we had a tough time going through and picking our favourite. We had a tough criteria and looked at all aspects of the outfit - from stylishness to comfort - and how well their outfit worked for the Australian climate too.
Before we reveal the winner, here are our three runner ups:
- In fourth place is Jenny from Krystelcouture. We loved how manageable this look is and thought it would be perfect for a flight. The added layers make it really practical considering the huge temperature change between London and Melbourne. The blazer is out favourite bit, making it easy to put on and take off layers as the temperature changes.
- In third place is Anton from The Style Division. Anton's look was ideal for travelling, and the layering aspect was once again a strong point. We loved the detail of the look and were massive fans of his choice for a carry on bag as well. The shoes are our favourite part of this look. They look pretty cool and so comfortable.
- In second place is Tara from The Style Rawr. Tara did a fantastic job with her flight outfit. The look is really stylish and would be something we'd wear on a flight too. We particularly loved the extra inspiration with the Pinterest board. The coat was our favourite part of the look. It's a beautiful colour and works well with the rest of the outfit.
- Finally, the winner is Olivia from Olivia Emily. It was a close call, but Olivia's look really stood out. It's perfect for the transition between hot and cold, and the large scarf looks very cosy for a flight. The highlight for us in this look is the scarf - perfect for staying warm on a flight.
We wish Olivia the best for her journey and can't wait to see how she finds the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition and her experience with Qantas.
A massive thank you to everyone who entered. We hope you have as much fun creating your looks as we did reading about them.
Flights to Melbourne
Check out our flights to Melbourne if you want to experience the beautiful city for yourself.
No other flight is quite like Qantas - from our flagship A380 First Suites to fully flat beds in Business, Premium Economy's spacious seats and the revolutionary dining service in Economy. After taking off, settle back and enjoy some of Australia's best wine and food, as well as hundreds of on-demand entertainment choices in every seat.
Take one of our flights to Australia and you'll arrive there in comfort on the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow. With Qantas, it's easier than ever to experience the best of Australia before you've even arrived.
Fly Qantas A380 Economy
Sit back, relax and enjoy the journey:
- Our ergonomically designed slimline seats include built-in lumbar support and features such as adjustable headrests and reclination in your seat are sure to keep you comfortable for the duration of your journey.
- Choose from over 1,500 options from your personal on-demand inflight entertainment system.
- On selected international flights, you will be treated to a continuous refreshment service every 60-90 minutes and to add variety, a third main meal option for flights and a dedicated self serve snack bar on board the A380.
Benefits of flying with Qantas
- Daily flights from London Heathrow to Sydney and Melbourne.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow to Australia, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.+
- If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, earn Qantas Points on every flight.~
~ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited of 401 King St, Hammersmith, W6 9NJ. Entry is open to selected fashion bloggers. Entries close 16 January 2015. The winner will be chosen on 20 January 2015 based on the creativity and originality of their entry, and notified by phone and e-mail.