Flights to Melbourne, Australia
Return Economy airfares from London Heathrow to Melbourne start at £705*
Flights to Melbourne from the UK will take you to a city that never goes out of fashion. Stylish Melbourne is the cultural and sporting heart of Australia. Head into the city's laneways and discover Melbourne's hidden secrets, from famed restaurants, quirky bars, independent boutiques to progressive art. Explore the wonders of the 12 Apostles on Great Ocean Road, the smile-inducing wildlife of Phillip Island and the talented winemakers of the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. The state of Victoria is a must-see Australia destination. Start your Australian road trip in Melbourne.
Return Economy flights to Melbourne from London Heathrow via Dubai start from £705 for departures between 5 February and 17 March, and 28 March and 30 June 2016, Sunday to Thursday.* Offer ends 25 February 2016, unless sold out before, for bookings made at least 3 days before departure. Availability may be limited.
Did you know that our London Heathrow to Melbourne service via Dubai departs in the afternoon, arriving the next evening? On arrivial, you can enjoy a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to start your Melbourne adventure.
Flights to Melbourne
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices.
|Cabin||Return from:*||Departure dates||Book by|
|Economy||£705||5 February to 17 March 2016 |
28 March to 30 June 2016
|25 February 2016|
|Premium Economy||£2,113||15 February to 18 March 2016 |
28 March to 30 June 2016
|31 December 2016|
|Business||£3,603||5 February to 30 November 2016 |
Note - fares must be booked at least 21 days in advance of travel
|25 February 2016|
- Flights between London Heathrow and Melbourne operate via Dubai.
- Prices based on departures Sunday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday and Saturday departures.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers±
Premium Economy and Business fares
Flights to other Australian cites
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Take a flight to Melbourne, where you'll find extraordinary experiences around every corner. Get the exhilarating thrill of entering Melbourne's hive of bustling, creative city laneways with their covert boutiques, famed restaurants, hole-in-the-wall cafes and astonishing bars. Home to the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix, whether you're coming to experience the frenzy of the F1® circus or simply visiting with your very own agenda, it's a city that buzzes all night where can explore all of its artwork, history and culture as well as it's sun, sea and nightlife.
Just beyond Melbourne city, you'll find some of Australia's best beaches, top wine regions and incredible wildlife experiences. All of this, right on Melbourne's doorstep, making it the state of Victoria the ultimate road trip destination
Must do's in Melbourne and Victoria
- Drive the Great Ocean Road one of the world's most celebrated coastal drives, the 151-mile Great Ocean Road is home to iconic surf breaks, ancient rainforests, abundant wildlife and remarkable natural attractions such as the 12 Apostles.
- Explore Melbourne's laneways get the exhilarating thrill of entering Melbourne's hive of bustling, creative city laneways with their covert boutiques, famed restaurants, hole-in-the-wall cafes and astonishing bars.
- Discover the Australian Garden wander through the inspiring and immersive display of Australian flora, landscapes, art and architecture of the Australian Garden in Cranbourne and follow the journey of the country's diverse landscape.
- Swim with wild dolphins and seals take the plunge into the pristine waters of Port Phillip Bay for a close encounter with curious fur seals and will pods of bottlenose dolphins.
- Wine and dine in the Yarra Valley just an hour from Melbourne is the spectacular wine region of the Yarra Valley, home to more than 70 wineries, exquisite chardonnay and pinot noir and some of Australia's top foodie experiences.
Need more ideas or information?
Australian Domestic Flights
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our extensive domestic flight network to discover more of Australia. With more than 20 destinations within Australia to choose from, experience the hustle of the largest cities to the remote outback.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Benefits of flying with Qantas to Australia
- Daily flights from London Heathrow to Melbourne.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380, operating on selected flights from London Heathrow to Melbourne, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.+
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on every flight.~
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than four months after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £200 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Premium Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £75 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Business: Date changes on international flights permitted at £300 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Economy: A cancellation fee of £300 applies.
Premium Economy: A cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Business: A cancellation fee of £500 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
Melbourne and Great Ocean Road - Tourism Victoria