Flights to Darwin and the Northern Territory
Flights to Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, take you to a city never visited by winter and is well worth a couple of days of your holiday to explore. Brimming with al fresco cafes, bars and restaurants, beach side markets and some of Australia's most spectacular sunsets, it is easily and quickly accessible from most other Australian cities on the Qantas network. It's also the gateway to some of Australia's best loved National Parks including Kakadu, Litchfield and Nitmiluk, home of Katherine Gorge.
Add your Australian domestic flights to the Northern Territory from £120 with the Qantas Walkabout Pass
With the Qantas Walkabout Pass, it's easy to explore more than one great Australian destination. From the tropics of Darwin to majectic Uluru and the outback charm of Alice Springs, the Northern Territory has a bounty of activities and adventures you won't want to miss.
When you book your Australian domestic flights to Darwin, Alice Springs or Ayers Rock (Uluru) before you leave, you could benefit from the Qantas Walkabout Pass savings.# Just add your flights to the Northern Territory when booking your Qantas international flights to Australia to take advantage of these prices. To do this, choose the multi-city option when making your booking.
Flights to Sydney from London Heathrow via Dubai start from £771 for departures between 5 February and 17 March, and 28 March and 30 June 2016, Sunday to Thursday.* Then add fares to Alice Springs or Darwin to visit the Northern Territory.# Offer ends 25 February 2016, unless sold out before. Availability may be limited.
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices.
When adding the Qantas Walkabout Pass to your international fare to Australia, fares to the Northern Territory start at:
|Flights from London Heathrow to||Return Economy airfare*||Departure dates|
|Darwin||£914*||5 February and 17 March 2016|
|Alice Springs||£914*||5 February and 17 March 2016|
|Ayers Rock (Uluru)||£998*||5 February and 17 March 2016|
Select the Multi-city option to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass to explore more of Australia for less.
- Flights between London Heathrow and Darwin operate via Dubai and Sydney.
- Flights between London Heathrow and Alice Springs operate via Dubai and Sydney.
- Flights between London Heathrow and Ayers Rock (Uluru) operate via Dubai and Sydney. Flights between Sydney and Ayers Rock (Uluru) are operated by Jetstar.
- Prices based on departure Sunday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday and Saturday departures.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers±
Flights to other Australian cites
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Premium Economy and Business fares
Discover the Northern Territory
The Northern Territory isn't all about the 'Top End'. There's a lot to be discovered further south too. Take a look at some of the stunning scenes on offer in Australia's Outback. The quintessential outback town of Alice Springs, a two hour flight from Darwin, is the gateway to the 'Red Centre' and the icons of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon.
Top 5 must do's in the Northern Territory
- Outback desert dining under a million stars. Experience one of the award winning desert dining options in the Red Centre. At Uluru, choose from the classic Sounds of Silence dinner or the luxurious Tali Wiru or at Kings Canyon, the unique Under a Desert Moon dinner.
- Ballooning - soar silently over the mountainous desert landscape from Alice Springs at dawn and spot kangaroos and emus roaming the country.
- Sunset Cruise on Darwin Harbour - Darwin has a natural harbour twice the size of Sydney's and a cruise offers great views of the city skyline. The highlight however is the spectacular ocean sunsets that Darwin is famous for. Relax over dinner and glass of wine on board as you drink it in.
- Uluru at sunrise or sunset - this sacred site is at its finest at these times. Find a spot and watch the rock move through a myriad of colours.
- Spot a croc - Kakadu is home to the world's largest population of saltwater crocodiles so take a cruise to spot these awe inspiring prehistoric giants.
Need more ideas or information?
Australian Domestic Flights
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our extensive domestic flight network to discover more of Australia. From the tropical capital of Darwin to the breath-taking Uluru, the Northen Territory has a bounty of activities and adventures to exprerience.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Flying with Us
Benefits of flying with Qantas to Australia
- Daily flights from London Heathrow to Darwin via Dubai and Melbourne or Sydney.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow to Sydney or Melbourne, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.+
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on every flight.~
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than three months after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Rebooking: Date changes on international flights permitted at £200 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Rerouting: £200 per reroute plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and subject to a local service fee.
Cancellations: A cancellation fee of £300 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
# The Qantas Walkabout Pass must be booked and ticketed together with a Qantas return international fare to Australia and it has the same validity as your international ticket. Domestic flights booked as part of the Qantas Walkabout Pass are for travel in economy. Savings are based on a comparison with the year round fare. At times, there may be sale fares available which may be cheaper than the Qantas Walkabout Pass fare for that routing.
Tourism Northern Tourism and Voyages Indigenous Australia.