Tropical, laid-back and spectacularly beautiful, Broome is synonymous with pearls, turquoise seas, red cliffs, white sand and beautiful sunsets.
An exotic town with a flamboyant history ensures sun-seekers and nature enthusiasts have kept this balmy paradise on the radar.
See 130 million year old dinosaur footprints at Gantheaume Point or Roebuck Bay, take a camel ride along the famous Cable Beach, or indulge in the local brew at Matso’s. Browse galleries of Aboriginal art or watch the workings of a pearl farm.
Broome is the perfect place to base yourself for the start of your adventure to the Kimberley, one of the world’s last true wilderness areas.
* Prices include taxes, fees and carrier charges payable to Qantas (exclude any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) and are based on payment at qantas.com. Prices may fluctuate if taxes or foreign exchange rate change. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines
Everyone will have a camel ride on Cable Beach; one of the most famous beaches in Western Australia; on their agenda. Add the following to the list:
- Visit Gantheaume Point at low tide to see the dinosaur prints
- Stop at one of the many pearl boutiques or visit a working pearl farm like Willie Creek PearlsOpens external site in a new window
- Relax in a canvas sling chair for a movie at the world’s oldest outdoor cinema, Sun PicturesOpens external site in a new window
- Visit the world’s only waterfalls that fall sideways at Horizontal Waterfalls
- See the natural phenomenon of the Staircase to the Moon from March through to October at Roebuck Bay.
Broome is the western gateway to the Kimberly region where one of the world's last great wildernesses meets the Indian Ocean.
The main town centre with shops and services is known as Chinatown and evidence of Broome’s blend of cultures can be seen in heritage buildings such as Broome’s Sun Pictures; the world’s oldest operating outdoor picture theatre.
Take advantage of great range of alfresco dining options, from fine dining to sidewalk cafes. Cable Beach is located just less than five kilometres from the main centre and has dining and limited shopping services available.
Stretching approximately 200 kilometres North of Broome along the partly unsealed Cape Leveque Road it offers unspoilt coastline, unique Indigenous experiences and the oldest working pearl farm in Australia.
Broome is the southern gateway to the ethereal Kimberley region of Western Australia, one of the world’s last great wilderness areas.
Home to rugged ranges, a dramatic coastline, white sandy beaches, mystical Boab trees, gorges and waterfalls, pockets of lush rainforest and thousands of years of Aboriginal history. It is also where you’ll find one of the best kept secrets on Earth – the Bungle Bungle Range in World-Heritage listed Purnululu National Park.
Australian Dollar (AU$)
220V-240V / 50Hz
Broome normally has two seasons, winter (May to October) where the daytime temperatures average between mid 20s to low 30s, with fine warm days and clear nights. The summer (November to April), with warm temperatures above 30°C. Broome does experience rainfall usually from January to March, the rain usually falls in heavy, short downpours in the late afternoon and evenings.
From the airport
Broome airport services domestic flights and is located 1.6km from the town centre.
The taxi rank is located outside the terminal building.
In and around the city
Broome has a hop-on-hop-off town bus service that operates seven days a week. There is also a reliable taxi service or you can hire bikes. To get around the region, you’ll need to hire a car or 4WD or take an organised tour.
If you are planning to travel around the region on your own, it’s important that you are prepared before you go and that you let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.
Broome car hire
Book car hire with Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty. Qantas Frequent Flyer members could earn Qantas Points^ with Avis and Budget.
Your flight with Qantas
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Eligible customers can relax in style before their next flight in our stylish Broome Qantas Club.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
* Prices include taxes, fees and carrier charges payable to Qantas (exclude any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) and are based on payment at qantas.com. Prices may fluctuate if taxes or foreign exchange rate change. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Availability is limited. Passengers booking Premium Economy may be seated in Economy on connecting flights. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.