Enjoy the hip inner city suburbs and attractions or use it as a springboard to explore the beauty of New Zealand's North Island.
Auckland is New Zealand's largest city and main transport hub, but it's more than just a city. Stopover and enjoy the shopping, dining and natural wonders on offer. From wineries and beautiful beaches to a range of adventures, Auckland is a city that won't disappoint. Get ready to live like a local, and leave as a friend.
* Prices exclude taxes, fees and carrier charges and are based on payment at qantas.com. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines.
Auckland offers visitors a cosmopolitan city buzz that is blended with old world charm. There is plenty to see and do.
- Climb Mount Eden at sunrise or sunset and take in panoramic views from the highest natural point in Auckland
- Sample the food and culture of Waiheke Island just a 35 minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland
- Enjoy one of Auckland's famous beaches; Mission Bay, Takapuna Beach, Maraetai and Omana regional park
- Auckland is known as the 'City of Sail', enjoy exploring its Westhaven marina which has plenty of yachts to admire
- Explore Auckland with a local Maori who will guide you around the city and region informing you of the history, places and people
- Climb to the top of Auckland Harbour Bridge with a professional guide.
Enjoy city sophistication mixed with award-winning food and wine, and stunning natural beauty in the harbour city of Auckland.
Head north of Auckland and discover the ultimate laid-back lifestyle, where award-winning food and wine can be enjoyed and the sea is your constant companion.Visit beautiful Waiheke Island, also known as 'the island of wine'. Just a 35-minute ferry ride across the harbour from downtown Auckland brings you to boutique wineries and vineyards, complemented by award-winning restaurants, handmade specialty foods, olive oils and locally grown produce.
Matakana is a very small wine region less than an hour's drive from Auckland and is known for producing premium wines.
Villa Maria Estate is New Zealand's most awarded winery and proudly family owned and run. Close to Auckland International airport with attractive surroundings offering harbour and Auckland city views.
Want an adventure out in the wilderness? With such diverse scenery, Auckland offers a range of day walks all within a drive or ferry away from the CBD.
With a short ferry ride to Rangitoto Island you can be hiking the dormant volcano on the Rangitoto Summit Track.
If you're looking for wild rugged beach walks shaded by native bush, then west of Auckland offers Waitakare Ranges and the Te Henga Walkway.
Phia is a popular surf beach with the locals especially in summertime. The beach is scenic with black sand and dramatic rugged cliffs try abseiling down the Phia canyon.
New Zealand Dollar (NZD$)
230V / 50 Hz
In summer (December to February) temperatures average 23°C while in winter (June to August) the average is a chilly 14°C. Autumn falls between March and May and spring between September and November.
Getting from the airport
There are a number of options getting from the airport to Auckland city or Manukau city including bus, shuttle and taxi services.
In and around the city
Auckland car hire
Book car hire with Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty. Qantas Frequent Flyer members could earn Qantas Points^ with Avis and Budget.
Your flight with Qantas
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
* Prices exclude taxes, fees and carrier charges and are based on payment at qantas.com. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Availability is limited. Passengers booking Premium Economy may be seated in Economy on connecting flights. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes.
^ You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.