With a much welcome no car rule, you'll find a style of laid back Australian island luxury unlike anywhere else.
Surrounded by pristine white beaches, and a beautiful array of coral and marine life, Hamilton and Hayman Islands are a perfect base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef and world-famous Whitehaven Beach. Hamilton Island is just off the Queensland coast of Australia, amongst the 74 Whitsunday Islands. Hayman Island, is located at the northern end of the Whitsundays.
* Prices include taxes, fees and carrier charges payable to Qantas (exclude any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) and are based on payment at qantas.com. Prices may fluctuate if taxes or foreign exchange rate change. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines.
There sure is a lot going on for a Island lifestyle including watersports, whale watching and the Whitsundays for a start.
- Visit world-famous Whitehaven Beach or take a day trip and go diving or snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef
- Set sail through the surrounding islands with a range of bareboat and chartered sailing options
- Witness the beauty of the region from above with a scenic flight by seaplane
- Improve your handicap, or take lessons with the resident pro, at the 18-hole championship Hamilton Island Golf Club
- Explore over 20km of bushwalking trails, including the climb Passage Peak for a 360-degree panorama of the Whitsundays.
Hamilton and Hayman Island are considered a must stay if visiting the Whitsunday's. Offering island resort style accommodation set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea.
The marina is on the western side of the island. The best swimming beach is Catseye Beach on the eastern side of the island. The highest point is Passage Peak at 239 metres and there are a series of walks on the island with great views over the Whitsundays. Dent Island on the western side of the island is where the Hamilton Island Golf Club is located and is accessible via a quick 10 minute ferry transfer.
Hamilton Island is a car-free destination, with buggies the main mode of transport. There is a free shuttle service that follows three routes around the island and most accommodation bookings include free transfers to and from the Hamilton Island Airport. Visitors can also hire golf buggies for self-touring. Boat tours and cruises are available to visit other nearby destinations in the Whitsundays, including famous Whitehaven Beach and the Great Barrier Reef.
With a front row seat to the Great Barrier Reef, incredible cuisine and luxury hotels, it's not hard to see why the One&Only Hayman Island is Australia's most awarded private island resort. The iconic resort has reopened after a multi-million dollar renovation. Hayman Island, at the northern end of the Whitsundays, might be tiny but there are still plenty of places to steal away to within the island's rainforest, secluded beaches and tropical gardens.
It's a car free location with a free shuttle service along the three routes around the island. Most people go to Hayman Island to do not much at all, but as Australia's most awarded five-star nature resort, there's plenty to do. Take advantage of its location on the Great Barrier Reef to dive, snorkel, swim, sail or kayak, or take a helicopter tour to the deserted Whitehaven Beach.
Australian Dollar (AU$)
220-240V / 50 Hz
Hamilton and Hayman Islands offer a gorgeous tropical climate with warm temperatures all year round, and without extreme humidity. Average winter (June to September) highs are around 23°C with cooler evenings, while average high temperatures during the rest of the year are in the high 20s to low 30s.
In and around the islands
Hamilton Island is a car-free destination, with buggies the main mode of transport. There is a free shuttle service that follows three routes around the island and all accommodation bookings include free transfers to and from the Hamilton Island Airport. Visitors can also hire golf buggies for self-touring.
Hayman Island is also a car free destination. Once you fly into Hamilton Island connections are available to Hayman Island via boat launch, bookable as QF1348/1349 and operated by One&Only Hayman Island. Once on the island there are various activities you can book through the resort to get you around and exploring the surroundings.
Your flight with Qantas
Find out more about flights to Hamilton and Hayman Island.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels and more with our Price Promise#.
* Prices include taxes, fees and carrier charges payable to Qantas (exclude any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) and are based on payment at qantas.com. Prices may fluctuate if taxes or foreign exchange rate change. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Availability is limited. Passengers booking Premium Economy may be seated in Economy on connecting flights. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.