Enjoy the hip inner city suburbs and attractions or use it as a springboard to explore the beauty of New Zealand's North Island.
Auckland is New Zealand's largest city and main transport hub, but it's more than just a city. Stopover and enjoy the shopping, dining and natural wonders on offer. From wineries, beautiful beaches to a range of adventures, Auckland is a city that won't disappoint. Prepare to live like a local, and leave as a friend.
* Prices are in AUD and based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY or POLi for bookings made 7 days or more before departure or by debit or prepaid card for bookings made within 7 days of departure. A fee applies for other card payments. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines.
Auckland offers visitors a cosmopolitan city buzz that is blended with old world charm. There is plenty to see and do.
- Climb Mount Eden at sunrise or sunset and take in panoramic views from the highest natural point in Auckland
- Sample the food and culture of Waiheke Island just a 35 minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland
- Enjoy one of Auckland's famous beaches; Mission Bay, Takapuna Beach, Maraetai and Omana regional park
- Auckland is known as the 'City of Sail', enjoy exploring its Westhaven marina which has plenty of yachts to admire
- Explore Auckland with a local Maori who will guide you around the city and region informing you of the history, places and people
- Climb to the top of Auckland Harbour Bridge with a professional guide.
Enjoy city sophistication mixed with award winning food and wine, and stunning natural beauty in the harbour city of Auckland.
Head north of Auckland and discover the ultimate laid-back lifestyle, where award winning food and wine can be experienced and the sea is your constant companion.Visit beautiful Waiheke Island, also known as 'the island of wine'. Just a 35 minute ferry ride across the harbour from downtown Auckland brings you to boutique wineries and vineyards, complimented with award winning restaurants, handmade specialty foods, olive oils and locally grown produce.
Matakana is a very small wine region less than an hour drive from Auckland and is known for producing premium wines.
Villa Maria Estate is New Zealand's most awarded winery and proudly family owned and run. Close to Auckland International airport with attractive surroundings offering harbour and Auckland city views.
Want to adventure out into the wilderness? With such diverse scenery, Auckland offers a range of day walks all within a drive or ferry away from the CBD.
With a short ferry ride to Rangitoto Island you can be hiking the dormant volcano on the Rangitoto Summit Track.
If you are looking for wild rugged beach walks shaded by native bush, then west of Auckland offers Waitakare Ranges and the Te Henga Walkway.
Phia is a popular surf beach with the locals especially in summertime. The beach is scenic with black sand and dramatic rugged cliffs try abseiling down the Phia canyon.
New Zealand Dollar (NZD$)
230V / 50 Hz
In summer (December to February) temperatures average 23°C while in winter (June to August) the average is a chilly 14°C. Autumn falls between March and May and spring between September and November.
Getting from the airport
There are a number of options getting from the airport to Auckland city or Manukau city including bus, shuttle and taxi services.
In and around the city
Auckland car hire
Book car hire with Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty. Qantas Frequent Flyer members could earn Qantas Points^ with Avis and Budget.
Your flight with Qantas
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels and more with our Price Promise#.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
* Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Add Card Payment Fee per passenger, per booking: credit/debit cards AU$7 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$30 international; debit/prepaid cards AU$2.50 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$10 international. Also add AU$30 for domestic or AU$60 international per passenger for bookings made on 13 13 13 or at the airport. Passengers booking Premium Economy will be seated in Economy on domestic connections. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes. QantasLink flights operated by Sunstate Airlines (Qld) Pty Ltd ABN 82 009 734 703, Eastern Australia Airlines Pty Ltd ABN 77 001 599 024, and National Jet Systems Pty Ltd ABN 11 008 279 203. Licence No per state: QLD – 407, NSW – 2TA000237, VIC – 30362, SA – TTA155, WA – 9TA52.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.
# The Price Promise may be cancelled, modified, restricted or altered at any time without prior notice. The Price Promise terms and conditions in effect at the time that you make a claim will be used to determine whether your claim qualifies or not for the Price Promise. Claims under the Price Promise will not be accepted if, in our opinion or the opinion of the third party responsible for administering the applicable Price Promise, acting reasonably, the claim has occurred as the result of a printing, uploading or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith.