Escape to the heart of the Great Barrier Reef and discover the secrets of this magical piece of the Whitsunday Islands.
With a much-welcome no car rule, you'll find a style of laid back Australian luxury unlike anywhere else.
Surrounded by pristine white beaches and a beautiful array of coral and marine life, HamiltonOpens external site in a new window Island is a perfect base for exploring the Great Barrier ReefOpens external site in a new window and world-famous Whitehaven BeachOpens external site in a new window.
There's plenty to do with watersports, tours, cruises and scenic flights all on offer here.
- Visit world-famous Whitehaven BeachOpens external site in a new window or take a day trip and go diving or snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Set sail through the surrounding islands with a range of bareboat and chartered sailing optionsOpens external site.
- Witness the beauty of the region from above with a scenic flight by seaplaneOpens external site.
- Improve your handicap, or take lessons with the resident pro at the 18-hole championship Hamilton Island Golf ClubOpens external site in a new window.
- Explore over 20 kilometres of bushwalking trailsOpens external site in a new window, including the climb Passage Peak for a 360-degree panorama of the Whitsundays.
- Truly relax and unwind with a visit to Spa WumurdaylinOpens external site in a new window or Spa QualiaOpens external site in a new window.
Hamilton Island is considered the must-see of the Whitsundays. The island offers resort style accommodation set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea.
In and around Hamilton Island
In the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island is one of 74 islands that makes up the famous Whitsundays. Set foot on the island and be surrounded by pristine white sand beaches and a rainbow of coral and marine life.
You'll find a wide selection of bars, restaurants, year-round cultural exhibitions and performances plus water sports and activities for all ages. By far the best swimming beach is Catseye BeachOpens external site in a new window on the eastern side of the island.
The highest point of the island is Passage Peak and there are a series of walks on the island with great views over the Whitsundays. For keen golfers, it's worth playing a round on the Hamilton Island Golf ClubOpens external site in a new window located on its own private island.
Australian Dollar (A$)
230V / 50 Hz
Hamilton Island offers a gorgeous tropical climate with warm temperatures all year round. Average winter (June to September) highs are around 23°C with cooler evenings, while average high temperatures during the rest of the year are in the high 20s to low 30s.
In and around the islands
Hamilton Island is a car-free destination, with buggies the main mode of transport. There is a free shuttle serviceOpens external site in a new window that follows three routes around the island and all accommodation bookings include free transfers to and from the Hamilton Island Airport. Visitors can also hire golf buggiesOpens external site in a new window for self-touring.
Your flight with Qantas
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Enjoy complimentary meals or refreshments every time you fly with us.
Book your flights to Hamilton Island.
Disclaimer: ^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.