Tamworth is best known for its country music festival in January, but Australia's country music capital has plenty more on offer.
The city of Tamworth sits in the heart of north-west New South Wales at the junction of the New England and Oxley Highways.
While best known for the annual Country Music Festival, the region has much more to offer with gourmet restaurants, vineyards, outdoor activities and the warm welcome of rural Australia at its finest.
* Prices are in AUD and based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY or POLi for bookings made 7 days or more before departure or by debit or prepaid card for bookings made within 7 days of departure. A fee applies for other card payments. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines.
Dust off your boots and find the part of Tamworth that really inspires you.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Country Music Festival headlining some of country music’s biggest names
- Wander through the Walk a Country Mile exhibit at the Australian Country Music Foundation Hall of Fame
- Tantalise your tastebuds at the annual Taste Tamworth Festival in April/May, showcasing the region’s best in local food and produce over 10 days
- Open year round, the Farm Gate Trail offers special tasting sessions, market days, honey production tours and live music.
Visit the Tamworth region for your fill of food and wine, country music, rural history, and scenic drives to picturesque townships.
Stay in Australia’s country music capital and enjoy its year round hospitality and event calendar.
- Stop into Australia's Big Golden Guitar Tourist Centre to browse the unique 'The Gallery of Stars' wax museum and a large selection of Australian and international country music CDs and DVDs
- Experience the annual 10 day Tamworth Country Music Festival
- In town you'll see the Hands of Fame Park that contains the handprints of more than 300 country music stars as well as the iconic 12 metre high Golden Guitar
- This region has a strong agricultural focus with sheep, beef, poultry, grains and dairy all farmed here, as well as newer agricultural ventures such as vineyards, olive groves, nuts, fish farming, honey, hydroponics and delicious berries – many of which are served at local Tamworth restaurants
- Visit Tamworth’s Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre or the unique Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre for special events year round.
Tamworth Hanging Rock
Branch out and stay in the wider Tamworth area for an abundance of nature experiences and historic gold mining towns.
- Just a 40 minute drive from Tamworth is the historic gold mining town of Nundle, full of old-world antiques, home wares, bake ware and crafts
- Drive to Hanging Rock Lookout for spectacular views of the Nundle valley
- Visit the 55 metre Chaffey Dam and take in the 542 hectare surface area and the beauty of the surrounding countryside from its lookout
- The country town of Barraba is filled with character. Established in the 1800’s on the back of the gold rush, Barraba is now known for its top class cattle studs and its wool growing
- The town of Manilla has an admirable collection of period architecture on its main street, from Victorian and Art Deco facades, to leadlight windows, wrought iron balconies and ornate verandahs
- Enjoy an adrenalin rush at Manilla with paragliding, sky sailing and hang-gliding.
Australian Dollar (AU$)
230V / 50Hz
62,000 (Tamworth Region)
Tamworth has a warm climate with hot summers between December and February and mild winters between June and August. The average temperature range is between 17°C and 33°C in summer and 3°C and 17°C in winter.
From the airport
Tamworth Airport is located 10km from Tamworth’s town centre and is serviced by taxis.
In and around the city
Transport within the region includes bus and taxi services, as well as car hire providers.
Tamworth car hire
See the countryside at your own pace and book a car with Avis, Budget, Hertz or Thrifty with no booking fees.
Your flight with Qantas
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels and more with our Price Promise#.
* Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Add Card Payment Fee per passenger, per booking: credit/debit cards AU$7 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$30 international; debit/prepaid cards AU$2.50 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$10 international. Also add AU$30 for domestic or AU$60 international per passenger for bookings made on 13 13 13 or at the airport. Passengers booking Premium Economy will be seated in Economy on domestic connections. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes. QantasLink flights operated by Sunstate Airlines (Qld) Pty Ltd ABN 82 009 734 703, Eastern Australia Airlines Pty Ltd ABN 77 001 599 024, and National Jet Systems Pty Ltd ABN 11 008 279 203. Licence No per state: QLD – 407, NSW – 2TA000237, VIC – 30362, SA – TTA155, WA – 9TA52.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
# The Price Promise may be cancelled, modified, restricted or altered at any time without prior notice. The Price Promise terms and conditions in effect at the time that you make a claim will be used to determine whether your claim qualifies or not for the Price Promise. Claims under the Price Promise will not be accepted if, in our opinion or the opinion of the third party responsible for administering the applicable Price Promise, acting reasonably, the claim has occurred as the result of a printing, uploading or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith.