On the mid north coast of NSW you'll find the holiday town of Port Macquarie, with its golden beaches, lush rainforests, abundant wildlife and more.
Vibrant Port Macquarie is surrounded by beautiful waterways - the Hastings River, canals, creeks, bays and the Pacific Ocean. The city also has a five-star collection of golden-sand beaches stretching from Port Macquarie Beach to Town Beach and north along the 16 kilometre swathe of North Beach. A temperate climate, parks, gardens and walking trails make it a great place to enjoy walks, and don't miss a visit to the State's only koala hospital. You'll also find a range of dining and shopping options plus several wineries well worth visiting.
* Prices are in AUD and based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY or POLi for bookings made 7 days or more before departure or by debit or prepaid card for bookings made within 7 days of departure. A fee applies for other card payments. Fares may not be available on all flights or days. Some flights are operated by partner or subsidiary airlines.
Rich in history, buzzing with art and alive with culture - just some of the reasons why people keep coming back to Port Macquarie.
- Try the Tacking Point Lighthouse walk taking you to significant landmarks and lookouts with a meditative stretch of eight beaches. You can look for tell-tale signs of whales passing from May to November, and dolphins all year round.
- Visit the Glasshouse Regional Gallery that showcases a rich and varied program of high quality exhibitions inspired by local, national and international sources
- Visit the Foreshore Market and The Artist Market in the Vines and taste some of the region's freshest produce alongside the work of local artists.
Making the most of its position at the entrance to the subtropical coast, Port Macquarie is overwhelmingly holiday focused with a string of beautiful beaches and activities all focused around having fun.
Around Port Macquarie
Port Macquarie is a diverse region packed with a range of attractions from Kendall to North Haven and Wauchope to Laurieton.
Take a drive around the area and you’ll find this is a place where touring routes become cultural adventures; gentle drives twist through natural reserves filled with Aboriginal heritage. A few highlights not to be missed include 'Old Bottlebutt', a grand and ancient Red Bloodwood (Corymbia gummifera) tree located in Burrawan State Forest, Lighthouse Beach - a nine km stretch of south-east facing sand, home to a series of hospitable beach breaks only seven kms south of Port Macquarie and the Cedar Creek Goldfield with its unique wooden water wheel where you can still pan for gold.
Australian Dollar (AU$)
220-240V / 50Hz
In summer, Port Macquarie weather rarely goes above 30°C. In winter, the weather remains mild and is sunny and dry for most of the time. February is the hottest month of the year, July is the coldest. You can expect the greatest rainfall to occur over summer, normally in February, with August generally the driest month.
From the airport
Port Macquarie Airport is 4.5km from the town centre. Use the taxi services to make the short trip. Alternatively, rent a car from the hire services available at the airport and explore the region at your own pace.
Fly direct daily to and from Sydney and Brisbane with QantasLink. A seasonal weekly QantasLink service to Lord Howe Island is also available from Port Macquarie during the months of February to June, and September to December. For other major Australian cities, connect via Sydney or Sydney to travel into Port Macquarie.
Getting around Port Macquarie is best done on foot or in your (hire) car. Having a car also gives you the freedom to get out and explore the surrounding area and enjoy the best of the region. For a more unique way to see the town you can hire bikes and all the equipment. A simple search online will point you in the right direction.
Port Macquarie car hire
Enjoy great rates with Avis, Budget, Hertz or Thrifty and no booking fees. Qantas Frequent Flyers can also earn Qantas Points^ with Avis and Budget.
Your flight with Qantas
Pack more into your trip with complimentary checked baggage allowance on every flight.
Enjoy larger portions and a greater menu variety on every flight when you fly with us.
Enjoy a range of entertainment on every flight, including news, TV, film, radio and more.
Book on qantas.com and enjoy the best deals on flights, car hire, activities, hotels and more with our Price Promise#.
* Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Add Card Payment Fee per passenger, per booking: credit/debit cards AU$7 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$30 international; debit/prepaid cards AU$2.50 domestic or trans-Tasman or AU$10 international. Also add AU$30 for domestic or AU$60 international per passenger for bookings made on 13 13 13 or at the airport. Passengers booking Premium Economy will be seated in Economy on domestic connections. Check the fare rules for more details before booking. Inclusions vary between flights. All schedules subject to change, including last minute aircraft changes. QantasLink flights operated by Sunstate Airlines (Qld) Pty Ltd ABN 82 009 734 703, Eastern Australia Airlines Pty Ltd ABN 77 001 599 024, and National Jet Systems Pty Ltd ABN 11 008 279 203. Licence No per state: QLD – 407, NSW – 2TA000237, VIC – 30362, SA – TTA155, WA – 9TA52.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join online now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
** Prices are per room, per night and vary depending on date of check in, length of stay and room type. Conditions apply.
~ Qantas activities are provided by Viator. Conditions apply.
# The Price Promise may be cancelled, modified, restricted or altered at any time without prior notice. The Price Promise terms and conditions in effect at the time that you make a claim will be used to determine whether your claim qualifies or not for the Price Promise. Claims under the Price Promise will not be accepted if, in our opinion or the opinion of the third party responsible for administering the applicable Price Promise, acting reasonably, the claim has occurred as the result of a printing, uploading or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith.